Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Metamorphose - "The Forest Story" and why I love/hate it.

I don't know why I didn't see it until now, but there you go. Meta has released, on pre-order, which I believe is over now, a new print, full of foresty goodness.

E6768b19
6cd64441

You know, I sort of like this print. Okay, so one could argue that there are enough rabbity fawny animal cutesy prints to conquer a small planet, but there's still something nice about it. In honesty, I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it, but hey, I'm sure many would, and rightly so if they like it.

Now, the part I don't like so much.
Maybe I'm just obnoxiously picky, but I don't like the stripes on the black version.

On the white and pink versions, it's not so noticeable, and much more toned down. I just feel that it's too urgent for the print, and takes away from it somewhat. Instead of seeing the print, the eyes are drawn straight to the stripes, or at least, that's happening to me.

I think they should've done something like this:


Or even just cut beneath the print altogether like so:

...but that's just me, and I'm no designer :P


So, has anyone ordered it?

No comments:

Post a Comment