Thursday, October 28, 2010

An Old Lolita Meme!

I saw this on another blog a good while back, so I thought it'd be fun to do it! Especially since I've recently had a bit of writer's block regarding this blog!

1. Best lolita fashion advice you've ever received?
I haven't really received a great deal of advice, apart from the basics... although I was once told that I shouldn't put up a brick wall when it comes to trying lighter styles. I usually go for darker colours, even though I adore light blue and mint, and I'm often reluctant to just go all out and try it. It made me consider Wonder Cookie even more... :P
As well as that, I was told that a chiffon petticoat is the way to go. My petticoats deflate a LOT, and I often have to wear three at a time, so I am now considering a chiffon one instead.

2. Style Icons?
Mana-sama. of course. But everyone loves Mana-sama :P Apart from that, it's hard to pick out any Lolita style icons I have. I take inspiration from art, things I see, and things I feel.

3. Describe your personal style.
Generally, dark, but not quite dark enough to be blatant Gothic Lolita. I like a bit of darker sweet sometimes, and I can dabble with lighter colours from time to time. It's tough to sum up...

4. Favorite designers/brands?
I adore Baby The Stars Shine Bright, along with Alice and The Pirates. I also love Moi-Meme-Moitié, I would honestly do crazy things to own an Iron Gate jsk/op in black x blue. Goodness... I must say that I've recently found a soft spot for Angelic Pretty. There was a time when I wouldn't even bother looking at a sales post if it said it was all AP, but now I have just fallen in love with so many of their prints!

5. Most cherished items?
Right now, probably my Heart Buckles. I just love them to pieces ^-^

6. Most used items?
My black handbag. It's just a plain black handbag, and I love it to pieces!

7. I feel best wearing?
Jumperskirts. I love OPs too, but jumperskirts are good for winter because they're easy to layer with for extra warmth, or modesty, whichever!

8. The first thing I look for in another lolita's outfit...
Hair, skirt shape and style. All at once.

9. Lolita fashion rule you never break?
Probably modesty. I don't like showing too much skin, though I don't mind showing my arms a little now and then. I prefer over knee socks and tights, and I go crazy if a skirt is a little short... ^ ^"

10. Never caught wearing?
OTT sweet, as much as I'd love to try it, I don't think it'd do me any favours :P

11. Dress to impress who?
Myself, honestly. I live in an area where there are no other Lolitas (...yet anyway) and I don't post to daily_lolita. Nobody here would know the difference between an ebay ita wreck and Puppet Circus, so I don't worry about what others think.

12. Your next "must have" purchase?
I've had my eye on the Alice's Portrait JSK in black for a LONG time, and I think I may try to get it for this Christmas :)

13. Favorite type of head accessory?
Headbows. Sidebows, head-eating bows, as long as they're bows! Or maybe even flowers...

14. Favorite cut of clothing (shirring, high waist, princess seams, etc.)?
I'm a fan of shirring. Honestly. If there was a facebook page for shirring, I'd like it. I usually don't like high waist, because it just feels a bit awkward on me.

15. Current obsession?
Rocking Horse Shoes. I want a pair so much.

16. Best lolita fashion advice you can give to anyone:
Lolita is not a fashion you can customise once you jump into it! You should take the time to learn the guidelines, and do your research! Before purchasing anything, look for reviews! Also, lurk on daily_lolita. You'll be surprised how much you can learn by seeing other's coordinates!

3 comments:

  1. Chiffon petticoats are the best, I agree!
    Shirring is also great. :D Not constricting! (This coming from the girl who loves corsets? xD)
    What else... Ooh, that's right! I absolutely love my Heart Buckle shoes, too. D:
    And while I'm not the biggest fan of rocking horse shoes, I do like your next must have purchase. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I found a Facebook page for shirring. xD
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Shirring/143160035695263?ref=ts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Alice's Portrait jsk! It's soo cute without being ott

    ReplyDelete